Massively change services to Shared Instance

04-05-2019 12:28 PM
SebastianCabrera
Esri贡献者

Hi all,

I would like to know if someone already tried to massively change the instance type of an ArcGIS Server Site 10.7.

The idea is to detect wich services were authored with Pro, and then change its instance type.

I tried to use the Python API 1.6.0 but I didnt find a way to detect the authoring application, and a method to change the instance type, I didnt find what property to change in the service JSON to achieve this.

Has anyone tried?

0Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

How is the instance type different in AGS 10.7 if it's created from Pro as opposed to ArcMap?

Does this different instance type have a negative impact on web maps and their associated web apps?

0Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I didn't even know that was anything that even mattered.. I just finished my upgrade to 10.7 (hosting site, federated site) and am going to be migrating traditional map services that I previously authored in ArcMap over to Pro using the federated site.

My plan is to create new services with Pro, then eliminate the ArcMap authored services. Yes, 3rd party clients will have to adjust to the new rest endpoints . ..

0Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Oh sorry yes meant to add: a primary driver of me doing this is to take advantage of the new instance sharing...

0Kudos
SebastianCabrera
Esri贡献者

Somebody knows if it is even possible?

0Kudos
DougZietz1
New Contributor III

I believe this is possible in the python api via theservicemodule. The change_provider() method looks like you can set the authoring application in-place.

However, I came across your post trying to find out if this will break things but have not tried it myself. You have the Esri badge though so you should have some insight on this now, yes? Will this break my services if I "upgrade", "downgrade", or "make shared instance"?

0Kudos