create mobile cache not working

Jump to solution
03-28-2018 02:35 PM
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor II

我们一直在使用移动mapcache获得点s, lines, and polygons out in the field. We just upgraded to 10.5 and now it seems as if the mobile tools are broken. I have added the "Mobile Tools" toolbox to the geoprocessing tools and am trying to use the "Create Mobile Cache" tool. An error is returned that says "Background processing has encountered a serious error and is unable to continue". When I look at the geoprocessing results I see "the tool is not available or is unassigned". The tool worked in 10.3. As a tester, I saved my map as a 10.3 copy and tried again. I get the same messages. Any way to get this tool to work? We just need to use it for a little while until we figure out how to get Collector to work for us. I am embedding the MapCache into our web application and so I am able to get our inspection forms to update the symbology on the maps (marking an item as complete and such) so that the user doesn't have to switch between apps. I don't think that Collector will do this and so we haven't upgraded.

0Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LisaT
by

I finally figured out how to get the mapcache to create: I had to turn off background processing. Go to "Geoprocessing" on the toolbar and then select "Geoprocessing Options". Uncheck "Enable". I have to wait for the processing to complete before doing anything else, but at least it works now!

View solution in original post

0Kudos
1 Reply
LisaT
by

I finally figured out how to get the mapcache to create: I had to turn off background processing. Go to "Geoprocessing" on the toolbar and then select "Geoprocessing Options". Uncheck "Enable". I have to wait for the processing to complete before doing anything else, but at least it works now!

0Kudos