GPS connectivity on ArcGIS Mobile 10.2.1

Jump to solution
02-26-2016 10:07 AM
PramodHarithsa1
Occasional Contributor II

I have seen multiple questions on GPS connectivity, Windows Location sensor and ArcGIS for windows(10.2.1) but couldn't get a proper resolution.

I am currently testing ArcGIS for Windows Application on a FZ-G1 Panasonic tablet (Windows 8.1 OS) and I am unable to get the GPS working with ArcGIS application. The device I have doesn't have a dedicated GPS sensor. I am utilising the GPS element attached with the 4G Gobi 5000 modem.

I figured out ArcGIS for Windows doesn't work with Windows Location API.

I tried with GPSReverse as suggested by others in different thread.

GPSComplete: GPSDirect,GPSReverse, LocationFixer GPS NMEA Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10 Sensor Driv...

But can't get it working (It returns 0,0) any leads here?

我想通过这篇文章on using Location Platform,

ArcGIS for Mobile: ArcGIS Mobile 10.2 and the Windows Sensor and Location Platform

Is there a plan to release an extension that works with AGM 10.2.1 . Can anyone from ESRI answer this.

0Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PramodHarithsa1

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ceaa0767a5274df9a6e688d2352fddcf

The updated extension for AGM 10.2.1 resolved the Location API issue. But there still seems to be an issue with GPS data transformation as the data I have is in BNG.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PramodHarithsa1

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=ceaa0767a5274df9a6e688d2352fddcf

The updated extension for AGM 10.2.1 resolved the Location API issue. But there still seems to be an issue with GPS data transformation as the data I have is in BNG.

PramodHarithsa1

Wrote a custom extension to add the right transformation to the project, this resolved the GPS anomaly issue.
//www.gobook3.com/thread/185056-custom-extension-to-transform-gps-data-from-wgs84-to-bng

Udaya_BhaskerCheerala
New Contributor

Hi Pramod,

We are upgrading our existing solution which was developed in ArcGIS for Windows mobile 10.0 to ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2.1.

InArcGIS for Windows mobile 10.0 version there is a dll named "ESRIMobileGPS.dll" at SDK installed location

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Mobile10.0\bin

But inArcGIS for Windows mobile 10.2.1 version this dll is missing, and another dll named "esrigps.dll" present.

IsESRIMobileGPS.dll is renamed as esrigps.dll in version 10.2.1?

Usually when we deploy the application we include all required dlls(ESRIMobileCore.dll, ESRI.ARCGIS.Runtime.PE.dll, ESRI.ArcGIS.Runtime.Geometry.dll, ESRI.ArcGIS.Runtime.SG.dll and ESRIMobileSdc.dll) in setup file and execute this setup on device( currently we are using Panasonic Toughbook).

After installing my application on Panasonic Toughbook, all functionalities of my application working properly except GPS functionality, it is throwing an exception "Specified method is not supported." while opening the serialport connection

serialPortGpsConnection1.Open();

Could you please help me in resolving this issue.

0Kudos