ArcGIS Maps SDKs for Unreal Engine 5.1

12-19-2022 12:00 PM
EstherPerron
New Contributor

I downloaded the newly release SDK version 1.1 for Unreal Engine 5.1 and I keep getting the following error when using either a previous project file from 5.0 and a new project file created in 5.1.

以下模块缺失或建造的different engine version
ArcGISMapsSDK
ArcGISMapsSDKEditor
ArcGISSamples

Would you like to rebuild them now?
And once you select Yes, a second error says your project file could not be compiled. Try rebuiling from source manaually.

Anyone having this problem or know how to fix?

Thanks!

14 Replies
LuisMorales1980
New Contributor II
I don’t think 5.1 is supported yet.
5.0.3 is the way to go.
0Kudos
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

The 1.1 release is supports 5.1

Can you right click on your .uproject file and generate the VS project files. Once that happens you should be able to build the solution from source like it is recommending. There is likely a compiler error. We did add a few breaking changes to our plugin which are all either spelling errors or casing errors that are easy to diagnose.

0Kudos
EstherPerron
New Contributor

Hi Matt,

So I've tested with a couple of colleagues as well and the same error pops up on their machine. We can't get the plug in going with the instructions.

And when we right click to generate VS project files as per your suggestion this is the other message that comes up:

This project does not have any source code. You need to add C++ source files to the project Editor before you can generate project files.

0Kudos
shahbaar
New Contributor II

When creating the project, if you choose C++ instead of blueprint it should generate the VS project automatically. Alternatively, you may delete the plugin folder from the project and open the project in UE5 and add an empty C++ actor to generate the VS project. Then close the UE editor and add back the plugin folder. Open the VS project with visual studio and build it. If it compiles successfully, you can open the project with UE again, if not, it will give you more information on what is failing.

that_MichaelSmith
New Contributor II

Up and running. What worked for me was the "create a project and add a C++ thing" to generate a .sln file. Exit out of the UE editor, add the plugins folder and ArcGIS SDK stuff. Open Visual Studio from the .sln file and Ctrl+F5 (build without debugging) it would (i think) compile all the stuff it needed to and then re-open the UE editor automatically, where I could do all the stuff to get the plugin working. Yay! Thank you for your help.

that_MichaelSmith
New Contributor II

Hi Matt,

Any chance we could get instructions for someone who is not a C++ programmer? (for context, the first time I've downloaded Visual Studio was last night (from within Unreal) to try the solutions listed. None of them are working. If it helps I can give the error reports for each of the solutions I've tried.

0Kudos
shahbaar
New Contributor II

I am not sure how the installation from within Unreal works, but I would double check if all the necessary C++ tools are installed as describehere.You need to open "Visual Studio Installer" and click on "Modify" for the specific version installed. There you will see which workloads are already installed (check-marked) and you can select the missing ones before clicking on "modify".

that_MichaelSmith
New Contributor II

Thank you for the reply, this helped a bit! (when I reviewed my installation of Visual Studio, there was stuff missing) However, I got all the way to the step where it says to go to the World Settings/Advanced/ ... Enable Large Worlds, and there is no tick box labeled "Enable Large Worlds"

mugs-amistoso
New Contributor

I'm also encountering this. Is there a work around for this or this is already ok since 5.1?

This is all I see in the attached screenshot.