Integrate ArcGIS Online Notebook tasks with webhooks

01-09-2022 11:21 PM
rachelm
by
New Contributor III

Can Esri develop an solution for using ArcGIS Online Notebook tasks within a workflow that get triggered by a webhook? I'm working with Integromat and currently there is no way to trigger a Notebook from a scenario. Whether the solution is an Esri widget within Integromat, or a purely Esri offering, this would really extend my organization's capabilities.

Based on a threadAllow Python Notebooks subscribe to Enterprise Webhook Events

@JonEmch

5 Comments
RaviNarayanan

Thanks@rachelmfor this post. We have created an internal ticket for this suggestion and will discuss with the team.

RRCGeotech

Hey@RaviNarayanan,

Just checking in on this - Any progress on implementing a webhook based trigger to AGOL notebooks?

Thanks!

SimonSchütte_ct

When will this be possible in AGOL? ArcGIS In Notebook Server this is supported:
"You can configure webhooks to automatically execute a notebook you own when events associated with your portal items, groups, or users occur."Automate workflows with ArcGIS Notebooks—ArcGIS Notebook Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterpris...

AdminWPZ

This would be awesome, would love to be able to trigger my jupyter notebooks with a webhook in AGOL.

Example use case: Whenever a weather event like a storm happens (new feature), the status of all our hiking paths (existing features in a different layer) needs to be set to "unchecked".

Right now I do this with a notebook script (embedded in a dashboard) that needs to be started manually.

GilMastrapa

Any updates on this ??? I consider it vital for automation workflows.