Inquiry - Locate Greyed Out

06-22-2021 12:34 PM
Labels(1)
Violante
New Contributor

I have been searching on this board, the web and within documentation and I cannot figure out why the "Locate" button is greyed out. I don't remember this being the case before. I am sure it is something very simple but I can't seem to find it.

0Kudos
13 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

@ViolanteDo you maybe not have ArcGIS World Geocoding Service permission?

If you click the drop-down arrow under the binoculars, can you use the "Layer Search" functionality?

0Kudos
ShanaBritt
金宝搏吧

@ViolanteIf your Locate button is grayed out or disabled like in the image below, make sure you have a map open in the project. Below I do not have a Map or Layout view open in the project. The locate pane requires a map as the results will add a graphic to the map if using the Locate tab and if you are searching for features in a layer, the layer needs to be added to a map. For more info about what you can do in the Locate pane seehttps://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/find-places-on-the-map.htm

ShanaBritt_0-1625180188727.png

Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

@Violantedid you figure this out?

0Kudos
BarryKeight
New Contributor III

This sometimes happens to me, even after it has been working fine previously. I have to close the map and reopen it for it to become available again.

ShanaBritt
金宝搏吧

Are you signed into arcgis.com as the active portal or are you signed into your organizations Enterprise portal? Does this behavior occur when the active view is a map view or when the active view is a table or layout view?

0Kudos
BarryKeight
New Contributor III

The few times it has happened have been just after I've open ArcPRO directly into a project that has a map open by default. I am normally signed into AGOL, with the option to switch to my portal account, and has only happened when only a map is open and no tables.

Once I close Pro or just the map and reopen them, it is al working fine. It is seems like the locate tool just fails to load.

0Kudos
ShanaBritt
金宝搏吧

1.它发生在创建吗new project using the map template?

2.它发生在创建吗new project using the catalog template then inserting a map?

The locate pane is tied to the map, a locator needs to be added or loaded into the project in order to use the Locate pane. If the locators from the portal have not fully loaded in the project and the Locate pane was the last active window, the pane will not be available until the locators are loaded. In the Catalog pane under the Locators group you can see the locators that have been loaded and if you right-click the group there is an option to refresh the locators. I'm curious if you refresh the locators when you see the disabled Locate button behavior if that makes the button enabled instead of having to restart the ArcGIS Pro session.

0Kudos
BarryKeight
New Contributor III

Each time this has happened it has been in a work area that I have been using for weeks with no issues, so it is not due to a new map or project.

Should it happen again I will try re-loading the locators to see if that works before trying to re-load the map.

0Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

I have been having this issue for the last 3 weeks. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it happens in a map that I've been working in with no issue and then all of the sudden it just won't work. Other times its on startup. It always is fixed by closing and relaunching the program. Its annoying as **bleep**.

0Kudos