Two enhancement requests for project user input

Jump to solution
02-16-2020 07:00 PM
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there,

I have two enhancement requests for project user input:

1. Please respect domains in the same way you do for button user input

2. Please allow multiple project user input fields.

Thanks,

Marc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
金宝搏吧

Hi Marc,

Can you please share your use case, what are you trying to do?

Thanks

John

0Kudos
MarcGraham2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Johnathan,

1. Please respect domains in the same way you do for button user input

I would like to be able to tag every captured photo with either a yes or a no using a project user input field. This flows into two hosted feature layer views determined by whether the quickcapture points are class A or B. I guess a workaround is to have two groups in the quickcapture app, but it seems to me that if you can read domains for a button user input you should also read domains for a project user input.

2. Please allow multiple project user input fields.

I would like to have two project user input fields so the user can enter two different pieces of information for all points captured during the session. E.g. the above class A/B and a free text note field.

Thanks,

Marc

0Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
金宝搏吧

Hi Marc

From 1.7 you will be able to create lists for project user inputs. This means the user of the app will be able to select from the optionsyesandno. This is possible in 1.6, but you will need to edit the project JSON in the designer's JSON editor. See:Project JSON—ArcGIS QuickCapture | Documentation

The following project JSON example shows how acodedValuedomain user input is defined:

If the codes in the JSON match the codes in the feature layer field, then the app will be able to submit them.

Thanks

John

0Kudos
ToddTurner
New Contributor III

I concur with Item 1. We need the project user input field to recognize and utilize it's field domain. More, pointedly, it needs to recognize and utilizechangesto the domain. We can't go in and manually update the choice list in the QC Designer every time there are new values added to the domain (which sometimes is often). I am going to put this request into the ArcGIS QuickCapture Ideas board.

In the meantime, I'm looking for a way to update the project JSON programmatically.

JohnathanHasthorpe
金宝搏吧
0Kudos