Export Map image error (rest API)

04-28-2020 01:32 PM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to do an "export Map image" from my own Base map service (cached) using ArcGIS Rest Api.

If i use an ArcGIS Online service I get back an image as you can see here:

https://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer/export?bbox=-7357068....

But when I try to use my own Base Map service and do an export map image using the exact same parameters i use using AGOL basemap service, I get a blank response. no error, just blank

We create the cache using the AGOL, GOOGLE option from ArcGIS Pro.

Does anyone has any idea why i get a blank result.

Thanks,

Diego Llamas

0Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Legendary Contributor

Diego,

But is your cached service in WKID 102100 or a local Puerto Rico projection?

0Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hello Robert,

Yes it is.

0Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP

Diego,

Sorry to ask this question but is the bounding box you are using in your request should that extent actually have data in your cached service. Esri's service covers the globe and I am not sure where that bounding box is for but would in be covered by your service?

0Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert,

Basically we are creating a massive appraisal project that send information to the citizen by email with photo.

这张照片是the box, we tried esri service but we notice a displacement with the planimeter object is significant. Also the image service that we have has a much better resolution if we want to show 1:282 scale with esri service it really bad. . Also this aerial photo is from the agenci and we want the citizens receive official information from the agence.

Thanks,

Diego

0Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP

Diego,

Is the service public where I can do some testing?

0Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi Robert,

I was able to identify the problem. I create the service/cache in one server and moved the cache to production server. in production server I create the basemap service as a dummy service, I just pushish the extent of the cache with the exact same name and folder and this service recognize the cache and is using it. with this form, export map output is empty, once i recreate the service using the image from database it worked.

Thanks,

DLL