Euclidean Distance Trouble

Jump to solution
06-22-2021 11:37 AM
IzzadeanMirghani
New Contributor II

所以,我用ArcMap 10.7.1适用性安娜lysis and I am running into a lot of problems with my Euclidean distance tool. I am trying to create a Euclidean distance raster on a layer with 3 towns with rings on intervals of 200 meters wide, major roads with rings 20 meters wide, and on a river with rings of 500 meters wide.

I am not sure what is going wrong.

How do I specify the ring size?

I also want to set the extent of these Euclidean distance rasters to the size of my DEM and slope layer.

Also how will the Weighted overlay tool work with all these layers?

0Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Euclidean distance doesn't work in the same was as a multi-ring buffer. Each cell represents the closest distance to an input feature.

Either create a multi ring buffer and then convert the polygon to raster or reclassify the raster into those bands.

Extent - us the geoprocessing environment setting 'Processing extent' and set it to the same as the slop/DEM layer.

I'd also advise setting the Cell Size and Snap Raster to be the same as the DEM/Slope as a weighted overlay would be resampled otherwise.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Euclidean distance doesn't work in the same was as a multi-ring buffer. Each cell represents the closest distance to an input feature.

Either create a multi ring buffer and then convert the polygon to raster or reclassify the raster into those bands.

Extent - us the geoprocessing environment setting 'Processing extent' and set it to the same as the slop/DEM layer.

I'd also advise setting the Cell Size and Snap Raster to be the same as the DEM/Slope as a weighted overlay would be resampled otherwise.