Extract by Mask Issue

06-15-2021 11:29 AM
AlyssaManoa
New Contributor

I have a set of aerial images that I need to cut around a border. I followed the steps for a typical extract by mask process. My first image came out just fine but the rest of my images will not work. Instead of cutting off the white space that doesn't show any aerial imagery it seems to be cutting almost everything except for a few random colored cells. If anyone has solved this issue before and could tell me what I'm doing wrong that would be really appreciated.

I've also attached images to give a better idea of my issue.Image givenshows my first aerial photo and what it looks like on top of a base map.Image after extract by maskshows the first shot on top of a base map as well and is the product I want.2 image givenis the second aerial shot I was working on (but all of the other images give me the same problem).2 image after extract by maskis the result I end up with which is not at all what I want.

0Kudos
3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

有什么目的,即分析或display? It also looks like some unwanted resampling has occurred on the initial image 1 where the tool worked as expected.

If it was me, I'd look to create a Mosaic dataset to contain all of these images, and either compute radiometric footprints or digitise manual ones. You can also then colour balance the images etc.

Mosaic datasets—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Build Footprints (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

I couldn't find a similar guide in Pro, so -Recalculating footprints radiometrically—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am unable to reproduce the problem from my end. Is it possible to share a Raster and a corresponding polygon feature class (dropbox link or equivalent), for us to test?

Could you share the steps you followed (Also mention Raster and Vector data format, and coordinate system, change in environment settings, if any)?

Think Location
0Kudos
Shobhits
New Contributor II

Just to clarify, extraction by mask is used to extract a part of raster using a vector/raster file.

Make sure that both your raster and vector data have the same projection system. Go to spatial analyst tool>extraction> extraction by mask and try, it should work.

See attached image.

0Kudos