Can you Submit a form before launching out to Field Maps?

Jump to solution
05-25-2021 03:50 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Honored Contributor

It took me a bit but I got a launch link from 123 into Field Maps that passes in a key. The weird part it is that Field Maps makes you tap on the layer to collect even though it knows it.

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app?itemID=6089869970985ba5d1b88ac966&referenceContext=addFeature&featureSo...

I then added a callback that launches Field Maps then back to 123 and that works slick.

In a note field in the label

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app?itemID=60898699d985ba5d1b88ac966&referenceContext=addFeature&featureSou...to Field Maps with Callback

But when I launch that link over to Field Maps my form is still open and not summitted, or in drafts or anything. So if a user forgets to go back (which the callback should help) or the app crashes or something the form is lost.

I think I remember someone posted about doing this on the thank you screen instead of in the form, but I cant find it, and I think that is web only.

I could tell the user to submit then go into the outbox and reopen then launch but that is more taps.

Is there a way to have the link save the form before it launches Field Maps?

thanks

0Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Philip-Wilson
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi@DougBrowning,

This is currently not possible in the field app, as any of the questions or links in the survey need to be executed before the submit button is selected. Once the survey is submitted there is no reference to questions and links from inside the surveys available to the app.

As you mentioned, using callbacks is the best approach to return the user to the application they came from. And also it can be done with the web app via the thank you screen, as this is a post submission screen that can contain links.

The only other way currently would be to use an add-in (beta feature) or customize Survey123 via AppStudio, to have a custom submission process that can execute the links after the survey is submitted.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Philip-Wilson
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi@DougBrowning,

This is currently not possible in the field app, as any of the questions or links in the survey need to be executed before the submit button is selected. Once the survey is submitted there is no reference to questions and links from inside the surveys available to the app.

As you mentioned, using callbacks is the best approach to return the user to the application they came from. And also it can be done with the web app via the thank you screen, as this is a post submission screen that can contain links.

The only other way currently would be to use an add-in (beta feature) or customize Survey123 via AppStudio, to have a custom submission process that can execute the links after the survey is submitted.

Regards,

Phil.