Signatures disappear while using the inbox feature

Jump to solution
08-29-2017 05:28 PM
JoeChaconas
New Contributor II

I have created a Survey for our organization that an employee and three other departments need to sign off on(using "image" type for the signature). We are using the inbox feature in order to have each department access their part of the survey independently. In this case, each department section is separated using the "begin group" and "end group" types, which are initially collapsed. Each time the Survey is re-opened from inbox, however, the signatures are ignored in the latter sections of the survey.

Only the first signature(image) is saved to the data when initially submitting the survey. Once I leave the survey, open and submit from the Inbox, all other signatures are ignored.

I also noticed that the signatures are cleared from the form(in app) each time it is opened from Inbox. This does not allow for setting the signature fields as "required."

Is there a way to ensure that all of the signature images are saved each time the survey is submitted from the Inbox?

Thanks in advance.

Tags(3)
0Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi@ryanEvanczyk,

The links to blog and doc pages above are the best resources. You simply add a widget to the Dashbaord as a URL using the web app URL and append the parameters and fields that you require.

Regards,

Phil.

0Kudos
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User

Thanks for the help. I followed the directions for embedding the form I want to review/edit into our dashboard and it works...

Except, when you click on the record you want to review/edit in the List, the embedded web form does not perform the age calculation, which in turn forces you to complete the guardian info required fields.

Is there any work around for this? Is there a way to change URL to include calculations?

If I author another survey from the feature service and embed that webform and simply don't include the dob, age, and guardian info fields will that data remain intact and still allow me to edit the other parts of the survey?

Cheer,

RyanE

0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi@ryanEvanczyk,

How did you create/publish the survey, via Connect or web designer?

If from Connect, are you able to send the XSLSForm file (.xslx file and media folder)?

It sounds as if the calculation is not being triggered to update when editing, which is the expected default behaviour, but there is an option in web designer to always run/update calculations.

Regards,

Phil.

0Kudos
ryanEvanczyk
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User

I created and published in Connect. I've attached the XLSform and the contents of the media folder. I'm loading a .tpk into the field app maps folder for my basemap.

Cheers,

RyanE

0Kudos