Username field type not updating when recorded is edited

Jump to solution
01-06-2021 10:25 AM
MichaelBrown4
New Contributor III

我们有一些工作流we use Survey123 to submit and then edit a record, where different QA managers or similar update information about the submission in dedicated forms for their step of the workflow. To be clear, all forms in the workflow edit the same record from the same feature layer.

We have been using the Username field type in all of these forms to track who the "last submitted user". We do this because we have code that touches the record/data very quickly after form submission (webhook) and cannot rely on the last edited user to see who that user was.

For some time, this has been very reliable and every time a user submits a form in each step of the workflow, their username is populated correctly.

Just recently, seemingly about mid-December 2020, this is no longer working as it used to. Instead, the Username is not updating after the initial form submission. Meaning, we capture the username of the original submitter just fine, but each of the subsequent forms that submit/edit this record do not update this field and we just see that original submitter in the data. It's as if the Username field type does not update if there is already a value in there. I can confirm if I set the value to NULL then load the form, it will grab the username.

## Update ##

I did some additional testing and found that this bug occurring when I use the "version=latest" url parameter in the web form. The Survey is published in version 3.9. Setting the the version parameter to "version=3.9" gets rid of the bug...the username updates to the current user submitting the form.

We are using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

Tags(3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi@BarryKeight,

This is expected. The username field is hidden and does not get updated (overwritten) when the form is opened in edit mode. Similar to other questions/fields in the survey, when you open from Inbox or Sent folder in edit mode, calculations do not automatically execute if they have an existing value. The user must select the recalculation button to update the value. Therefore as username is hidden the value cannot be udpated by user, and will not be overwritten by default.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi@MichaelBrown4,

Can you confirm you are using the web app to do the editing and re-submit the values, where the username is not working?

How was the survey originally published, and were the initial values collected with web app or field app?

Also can you provide a copy of the xlsx form so we can take a closer look?

Regards,

Phil.

0Kudos
BarryKeight
New Contributor III

I have created a new survey that monitors the issue of hand tools to operatives in the field. If I create a new unique entry the username is extracted from the mobile ok but if the item is subsequently loaded from the inbox to change carry out an update, the username is not affected even if it's a different username.

0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi@BarryKeight,

This is expected. The username field is hidden and does not get updated (overwritten) when the form is opened in edit mode. Similar to other questions/fields in the survey, when you open from Inbox or Sent folder in edit mode, calculations do not automatically execute if they have an existing value. The user must select the recalculation button to update the value. Therefore as username is hidden the value cannot be udpated by user, and will not be overwritten by default.

Regards,

Phil.