Community item metrics don't match?

04-13-2021 09:51 AM
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor II

I have noticed that metrics on my items shown on my Profile page almost always never match the real metrics on the item itself. As a example, see below. This makes it much harder to track and seems like a problem with the platform.

Here is a idea I posted shown on my profile page showing zero kudos, zero comments, and 292 views:

PNWGuy_2-1618332433159.png

In actuality the item has 4 kudos, 5 comments, and 464 views:

PNWGuy_3-1618332507007.png

Tags(2)
0Kudos
6 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@COSPNWGuyThank you for this feedback. We will send this to our vendor to investigate further.

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@COSPNWGuyAfter taking a closer look, the top post in your example is counting the views of the response (Re:workflow manager...) to your original post, where the second image is the original post. if from your profile you click view ideas and then scroll through the ideas until you get to the original post, you will see the activity feed metrics do match with the actual post.

MichelleMathias_0-1618335863563.png

Basically if it starts with an RE: then it is the reply that the metrics are pulling in, not the original post, so scroll down further to the original to see the metrics or open the post.

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
COSPNWGuy

That's really confusing. I don't think I follow. If that were true and it starts at the RE:, why does it still show zero comments for example for this thread? You have replied twice to it.

PNWGuy_0-1618336482349.png

0Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

it show 0 4 44 now

0 kudos 4 comments and 44 views

perhaps there is a lag of some kind. The metrics always seem up to date on my machine and locale

addendum 2 kudos.... I kudoed@MichelleMathias

... sort of retired...
0Kudos
COSPNWGuy

This is what I see on my end as of this posting, and after@DanPattersonreply. I see zero kudos and zero comments. I'm sorry. This doesn't make any sense to me.

PNWGuy_0-1618370326869.png

0Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

2021-04-14_3-18-22.png

And me.

Strange.... it works but not for you

... sort of retired...
0Kudos