Getting signed out when accessing other Esri pages

Jump to solution
04-20-2021 08:16 AM
KenBuja
by MVP Esteemed Contributor
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Firefox (v 87) I am getting signed out of my Esri login when I open one of the developer pages. For example, I am logged onto the Community and open theArcGIS Pro SDK page. The page opens for a second, then I get the message that I am signed out. If I go back to the Community site, I am logged out of that also.

I have tried this in Chrome (v89.0.4389.114) and when I open the SDK page, it logs me in with my Community credentials.

0Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertGarrity
Esri Contributor

The fix for this problem was implemented today.If you continue to see the problem, clearing the cache once should fix it permanently at this point. Sorry for the trouble. We want the documentation to be available to everyone on the web without the need to log in. Thank you for reporting the issue and for troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

抱歉听到你经历that. In Firefox you are only signed in with one Esri account in the same browser session as typically multiple account sign ins during the same session can lead to the sign out experience you described.

0Kudos
KenBuja
by MVP Esteemed Contributor
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm not signed into another Esri account on Firefox when attempting this, just my Community account. I have one tab with the the Community page, then open another tab to view the SDK page.

0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK thanks for confirming. I'll do some further investigation on our side to replicate so we can share with our support team for investigation.

0Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

weirdly... I am getting signed out of the help documention and then it goes into an endless loop. It may be because I am on Pro 2.8 beta 1, but I am using web help, not local help

... sort of retired...
0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Dan, can you confirm if this is in Firefox or Chrome or any browser you try?

0Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Edge .... Louise

... sort of retired...
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks@KenBujaand@DanPattersonI was able to replicate the issue in Firefox earlier and have been working with internal Esri teams on this issue. I've just performed a retest and am now not able to replicate it in either Edge or Firefox. Their recommendation was to clear cookies and local storage on the Pro site and try again. Can you let me know if you still see the issue your side please?

0Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

clearing cookies works once... then I can get to the Help documents.

I log out and start Help from a bookmark ...

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/main/welcome-to-the-arcgis-pro-app-help.htm

and it redirects me somewhere trying to log me in or out depending on its mood and I have to shut it down.

As for ....and local storage on the Pro site.... I don't store anything other than on my local machine. Are you referring to something in my c:\Users folder??

I also have a real active Licence.log file in my C:\Users\... me ... \AppData\Local\ESRI_Licensing\Logs

folder.

No clue why it is checking for my license multiple times, especially since I only opened Pro up twice today.

... sort of retired...
0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for retesting. Further information from our teams:

Can you clear local storage as seen in the screenshot below? This is in Firefox.

ProScreenashot.jpg
Also, could you sign out of esri.com/arcgis.com and then retry signing back in after clearing cookies and local storage (just once), you should be set up for using the arcgis.com sites without having to do this again.

Let us know if this works.

0Kudos