Getting signed out when accessing other Esri pages

Jump to solution
04-20-2021 08:16 AM
KenBuja
by MVP Esteemed Contributor
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Firefox (v 87) I am getting signed out of my Esri login when I open one of the developer pages. For example, I am logged onto the Community and open theArcGIS Pro SDK page. The page opens for a second, then I get the message that I am signed out. If I go back to the Community site, I am logged out of that also.

I have tried this in Chrome (v89.0.4389.114) and when I open the SDK page, it logs me in with my Community credentials.

0Kudos
20 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

so it is in the "developer" tools in Edge I presume

What was the issue?

2021-04-21_11-07-54.png

It seems to work... but it isn't Friday yet:winking_face:

... sort of retired...
0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for this information I've shared that internally and some additional investigation is taking place. Will report back.

0Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Success was short lived.

的说法是back.

Was something "done" to bring this on?

... sort of retired...
0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I shared that screenshot back with our teams earlier and there is a fix planned for deployment. I am awaiting confirmation on planned timescale to go live and then will let you know when to go back and retest.

0Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Louise ... guess I will have to rely on my memory of URL links in the help files in the interim:face_with_rolling_eyes:

At least they all start with 'http' or something:winking_face:

... sort of retired...
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With the flashes on the screen, it also seems to be checking as to whether I am logged in or not and seems to be hitting US/Canadian border issue.

Why would Pro's help be checking for credentials in the first place?

Does this mean help is going to be limited to people with esri accounts?

... sort of retired...
0Kudos
KenBuja
by MVP Esteemed Contributor
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Reporting my latest tests. Yesterday, I cleared out the cookies and checked local storage. I didn't have any entries for pro.arcgis.com. I logged onto Community, then opened the ArcGIS Pro SDK page, which logged me onto the same username.

Today, I logged onto Community, then opened ArcGIS Pro. Then I opened the SDK page and was automatically signed out. I still don't see pro.arcgis.com in my local storage.

0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the updates on the errors still being seen. I am still awaiting confirmation on deployment date from our internal teams for the fix and once that's in place I'll ask for you both to retest and report back experience.

0Kudos
RobertGarrity
Esri Contributor

The fix for this problem was implemented today.If you continue to see the problem, clearing the cache once should fix it permanently at this point. Sorry for the trouble. We want the documentation to be available to everyone on the web without the need to log in. Thank you for reporting the issue and for troubleshooting.

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@KenBujaCan you try this again, there was a fix deployed that should help. Let me know if you are still seeing issues. Thanks!

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0Kudos