page has been archived or unable to access with the account

Jump to solution
12-28-2022 11:00 PM
GoWest
by
New Contributor III

OnMy profilepage, if I click on theView allbutton, I am redirected to aHidden or Archived Page:

Sorry, the page you are trying to access has either been archived or you are unable to access with the account you are logged in with.

Please contact our team at EsriCommunity@esri.com if you require help with access. Thanks

See the attached: screenshot.png

The URL it redirects me to looks a little suspicious and I wonder if the url has a bug:
//www.gobook3.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage//tab/contacts

Tags(3)
0Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about that Hidden or Archived Page roadblock you hit,@GoWest! The good news is that there's no bug in the URL.

After investigating, I was able to determine that your account role hadn't updated with new permissions the way it should have following your first contribution (a submitted Idea) a few months back. As a spam prevention measure, our system withholds a few permissions—including the ability to use Private Messaging in Esri Community—until 24 hours after a member account makes its first contribution.

The "View All" button you selected opens up an area of an account's Private Messages that tracks those PMs between yourself and other accounts that you've selected to follow. Without a role permission in place to allow PM access, the system shows the message you came up against.

I've updated your role permissions accordingly so that you should now be able to use the Private Message feature, and we'll be looking into why your account didn't update to the new role the way it should have in the first place to make sure there isn't a bug.

Let us know if we can be of any additional assistance!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about that Hidden or Archived Page roadblock you hit,@GoWest! The good news is that there's no bug in the URL.

After investigating, I was able to determine that your account role hadn't updated with new permissions the way it should have following your first contribution (a submitted Idea) a few months back. As a spam prevention measure, our system withholds a few permissions—including the ability to use Private Messaging in Esri Community—until 24 hours after a member account makes its first contribution.

The "View All" button you selected opens up an area of an account's Private Messages that tracks those PMs between yourself and other accounts that you've selected to follow. Without a role permission in place to allow PM access, the system shows the message you came up against.

I've updated your role permissions accordingly so that you should now be able to use the Private Message feature, and we'll be looking into why your account didn't update to the new role the way it should have in the first place to make sure there isn't a bug.

Let us know if we can be of any additional assistance!

Jesse Cloutier
GoWest
by
New Contributor III

Thanks!

0Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Glad to help,@GoWest!

Jesse Cloutier