Arcade Hour() to return 12 hour clock?

Jump to solution
06-28-2021 12:26 PM
CollinJohnston
Occasional Contributor III

Hoping this is the correct place - New to Arcade.

Trying to get the Hour in a 12 hour clock format to return for a label and pop up. Currently showing the time in different time zone polygons. But I'm getting the 24 hour time since I am using the Hour() function.

Any advise to make this --> Hour(Now())-1

read in 12 hours instead when I add in a custom expression to the pop-up. ?

0Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP频繁来讲ibutor

As to the final text you want, the format doesn't make a great deal of sense to me, also your description of 1 hour before, then wanting 1 hour after. I've written the code to make the timegap variable.

//negative for before, positive for after var timeGap = 1 //add or minus x hours var adjustedDate = DateAdd( Now(), timeGap, 'hours' ) //just the hours, no mins and AM/PM //if u need mins also - 'h:mm A' var adjustedDateTxt = Text(adjustedDate,'h A') var beforeAfter = '' if (timeGap >= 0) { beforeAfter = 'Later' } else { beforeAfter = 'Before' } adjustedDateTxt = Text(abs(timeGap)) + ' Hour(s) ' + beforeAfter + ': Current Hour is: ' + adjustedDateTxt return adjustedDateTxt

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DavidPike
MVP频繁来讲ibutor

How To: Add AM or PM in a web map pop-up (esri.com)

var n = Now(); Text(n,'h:mm A')
CollinJohnston

Hi David - thank you for that link. Works great when I use it as is!

Wondering if you had any advice as to how to use it with my custom expressions? I'm having trouble applying that to the below example. I am trying to get each label to display the time minus x hours from NOW. I'd like the below result to read "2" or "2PM" not "14"

Concatenate("1 Hour Later: Current Hour is: " , Hour(Now())+1)

Result 1 Hour Later: Current Hour is: 14

0Kudos
DavidPike
MVP频繁来讲ibutor

As to the final text you want, the format doesn't make a great deal of sense to me, also your description of 1 hour before, then wanting 1 hour after. I've written the code to make the timegap variable.

//negative for before, positive for after var timeGap = 1 //add or minus x hours var adjustedDate = DateAdd( Now(), timeGap, 'hours' ) //just the hours, no mins and AM/PM //if u need mins also - 'h:mm A' var adjustedDateTxt = Text(adjustedDate,'h A') var beforeAfter = '' if (timeGap >= 0) { beforeAfter = 'Later' } else { beforeAfter = 'Before' } adjustedDateTxt = Text(abs(timeGap)) + ' Hour(s) ' + beforeAfter + ': Current Hour is: ' + adjustedDateTxt return adjustedDateTxt
CollinJohnston

WOW!@DavidPikethis is great. This is exactly what I was trying to accomplish, and you have verified that I was never going to get there myself, lol. I appreciate your time and insight on this - I'll certainly be using this to unpack and help teach myself. So helpful!