Allow ESRI Access with SSO

Jump to solution
01-21-2021 12:59 PM
Labels(3)
DeidraHunter
New Contributor II

Hello, I am the GIS Manager at a university.

We have always given students who wanted to download the ESRI software an EVA code, with the switch to Pro, I made sure all our students had Pro enabled on their named user accounts, enabled account creation via SSO, and automatically enabled ESRI access. With my request for a set of EVA codes this year, I learned that this is the last year ESRI is issuing those codes. So, it seems I'm going to have to direct students in the future to MyESRI to download the software if they want it.

However, I think the Allow ESRI access enabling isn't quite right. With my 'student' account, I can get into AGO, can get into ESRI training, but it doesn't look like MyESRI is connected. If it's not connected, I have to tell students how to Request Permissions, go in and approve the permissions, and I'd just really rather it be all automated.

Then, related to that, MyESRI has its own set of permissions, and I don't want it authorizing students to do anything with licensing, or purchasing, or anything other than downloading software.

0Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Resources for Managing ArcGIS - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Not a direct answer to your question, but there are resources on the

高等教育——地理网,Esri Community

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0Kudos
DeidraHunter
New Contributor II

Thanks. Wish they would make things a little more obvious within AGO, but I found what I needed on the "Distributing installation files and licenses" link.

"In addition, as of the April 2020 release of ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro can now be downloaded directly from ArcGIS Online from a user's Profile page>My Settings>Licenses. This could be an option just for the ArcGIS Pro executable."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Resources for Managing ArcGIS - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Not a direct answer to your question, but there are resources on the

高等教育——地理网,Esri Community

... sort of retired...
0Kudos
DeidraHunter
New Contributor II

Thanks. Wish they would make things a little more obvious within AGO, but I found what I needed on the "Distributing installation files and licenses" link.

"In addition, as of the April 2020 release of ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro can now be downloaded directly from ArcGIS Online from a user's Profile page>My Settings>Licenses. This could be an option just for the ArcGIS Pro executable."

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do not give students access to MyEsri, instead I download the ISO media package, unpack it, and post it on a network drive (and OneDrive share for students off campus). I go another step and set up install scripts for ArcMap and Pro but may be overkill.

ArcGIS Pro silent install script

0Kudos