How do we correct Esri's Waze Live Alerts?

04-12-2019 02:36 PM
BillFox
by MVP频繁的贡献者
MVP频繁的贡献者

How do we correct the incident type?

The Esri popup lists it as a WEATHERHAZARD which is wrong.

The road is no longer closed and it was never a WEATHERHAZARD.

Esri_Incidents: 09760f75-856c-33ac-a7fd-07a5afae7da8

Unique Incident Identifier

09760f75-856c-33ac-a7fd-07a5afae7da8

Last Update

February 25, 2019

Incident Type

WEATHERHAZARD

Incident Sub Type

Road Construction

Road Type Code

Confidence Code

magvar

Reliability

Report Rating

Street Address

Gettysburg Ave

City Name

Clovis, CA

Country Code

US

Report Description

Tags(1)
0Kudos
11 Replies
BillFox
by MVP频繁的贡献者
MVP频繁的贡献者

I also reached out to the waze ccp forum:

Hello waze,

We seem to have a ghost road closure record stuck in the waze map.

That closure segment has been deleted from our on-premise geodatabase feature class that is setup as a live feed to waze with our on premise Esri ArcGIS Server & waze ccp.

Other road closures have been added and deleted fine but this one is stuck in waze's map.

Construction

Gettysburg Ave

Reported by cityofclovis

45 days ago

https://www.waze.com/en/livemap3?lat=36.80023903&lng=-119.64808166&zoom=17#

I tried to edit it using the waze map editor too but it has error about driving area.

We already entered a large polygon of our city limits when we signed up with their connected citizens program.

1 SEGMENT SELECTED

You cannot edit this segment.You may only edit segments in your driving area.

Are the City's GIS editors expected to drive every road segment before waze allows the City to edit them?

We determine most road closures in the Engineering Department so why would we be required to drive down every street when we already have them in our GIS?

The view history tab shows a different waze editor made multiple changes to that same road segment on-line.

I direct messaged that account but have not heard back yet.

The same ghost road closure shows up on Esri's waze live alerts map service too.

That popup lists it as a WEATHERHAZARD which is wrong.

Esri_Incidents: 09760f75-856c-33ac-a7fd-07a5afae7da8

Unique Incident Identifier

09760f75-856c-33ac-a7fd-07a5afae7da8

Last Update

February 25, 2019

Incident Type

WEATHERHAZARD

Incident Sub Type

Road Construction

Road Type Code

Confidence Code

magvar

Reliability

Report Rating

Street Address

Gettysburg Ave

City Name

Clovis, CA

Country Code

US

Report Description

Please advise.

Thank you,

-Bill

Bill Fox – IT Senior Analyst

billf@cityofclovis.com

1033 Fifth Street

City of Clovis, California 93612

0Kudos
EricRodenberg
Esri Contributor

Bill,

I work on the Esri Transportation Team and have a fair amount of experience working with Waze and our GeoEvent Server technology. I want to point out that the pop up is only reflecting what the data from Waze reports. Here is the data schema for Waze https://developers.google.com/waze/data-feed/incident-information#incident-elements.

How are you getting your data from Waze. The Esri Marketplace or through GeoEvent Server?

Do the road closures that have clearly expired show up in the Waze commercial routing app? Also does the closure show up in the Browser base app maintained by Waze. If you can make these details a little clearer to me I’ll reach out to my colleague who manages the relationship we have with Waze to look into this.

Eric

Eric J. Rodenberg | Solution Engineer Transportation Practice
Esri | 7775 Walton Pkwy, Suite 270 | New Albany, Ohio 43054-8202 | USA
T 614-933-8698, ext. 5503 | erodenberg@esri.com | esri.com
BillFox
by MVP频繁的贡献者
MVP频繁的贡献者

Hello Eric,

I found a ccp forum item with similar issue:

"sometimes it happens. Usually we can remove that with the reporting tool,

Waze.com/reporting

After login you can find that report, click on it and on the bottom right, there is the trash can.

I hope it solves,"

That fixed the ghost record for our Gettysburg Ave closure.

Still looking into the incident type issue.

Incident Type

WEATHERHAZARD

0Kudos
BillFox
by MVP频繁的贡献者
MVP频繁的贡献者

Waze Live Alerts Layer

Overview Data Visualization

Live Alerts from 100+ million monthly active Waze users who are reporting traffic jams, pot holes, crashes, disabled vehicles and more.

Feature Layerby

Created: Jul 9, 2018Updated: Jul 17, 2018View Count: 19,395

Marketplace

Open in Scene Viewer

Details

Source:Feature Service

Data Last Updated: Apr 15, 2019, 1:18:04 PM

Size: 1,018MB

老板

WazeAlertsWazeAlerts

Credits (Attribution)

Waze

View

Description

The Connected Citizens Program (CCP) is proof that we already have the answers to some of today’s mobility challenges. The Waze map strengthens with every data point contributed across our vast community of everyday drivers and volunteer map editors.Via the CCP, hundreds of international cities, departments of transportation and first responders have built meaningful relationships and regularly knowledge share to identify creative solutions. From road management to measurable congestion reduction, these are the initiatives building cities of tomorrow.
By signing up for CCP, you will get access to the Waze Live Alerts Layer which contains up to date information as reported by more than 100 Million monthly active users, who report issues in the Waze application and into your maps.
0Kudos
BillFox
by MVP频繁的贡献者
MVP频繁的贡献者

0Kudos
BillFox
by MVP频繁的贡献者
MVP频繁的贡献者
0Kudos
EricRodenberg
Esri Contributor

Ok, So I see what is going on... our service is displaying the Sub Type field and the Incident Type field. As I said before, Esri has no control over how these incidents are being coded because they are crowdsourced. It is possible Waze is coding the incident type with a default value which happens to be WEATHERHAZARD. I've asked my colleague Andrew and he is looking into it. He also never shows the Incident Type field because more often than not it is incorrect. What's curious is Waze doesn't use it either because it is off in their popup. I've set up GeoEvent to process any incidents that are Road Construction to list Hazard rather than WEATHERHAZARD and I also change the case because I'm not a big fan of all caps values in my popup. The bottom line I want to make crystal clear is that we are reporting exactly what Waze is giving us in this service you referenced, we aren't changing it or manipulating it in any way. I'm telling you this because I don't want you to get the impression we are giving you bad data we are just reporting it exactly as Waze is giving it to us. When Andrew gets back to me I'll follow up with another post.

Eric J. Rodenberg | Solution Engineer Transportation Practice
Esri | 7775 Walton Pkwy, Suite 270 | New Albany, Ohio 43054-8202 | USA
T 614-933-8698, ext. 5503 | erodenberg@esri.com | esri.com
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Bill,

提要的信息到Waze欧特生活ts Layer comes directly from Waze. I would encourage you to continue reaching to them via the Connected Citizens Program for additional details or to ask them to change it.

In the mean time, the Incident Sub Type should provide the information you need. If you are using GeoEvent to bring in the data direct from Waze to your local environment, you can change attributes on the fly as it comes in or add an additional field that is calculated based on the Sub Type.

I hope that helps and please repost if you receive a response from Waze as to why they assign this Type to all of the construction events.

Cheers,

Andrew

0Kudos
BillFox
by MVP频繁的贡献者
MVP频繁的贡献者

Currently not using geoevent.

Can esri not include that incident type in the pop-up?

0Kudos