roads and highways

07-31-2020 03:06 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Generate Report Script in Roadway Reporter is throwing this error.

0Kudos
3 Replies
EricRodenberg
Esri Contributor

Saranya, Based on the error that you are getting, the Python install is missing the email module. It is getting to line 9 in the script which is "from email import Encoders" and is failing because it can't find the email module to import the encoders to the script.

My recommendation is to call Support. It looks you are trying to run from Pro, I also see a path referencing ArcCatalog for an SDE Connection, and you are also running ArcGIS Server if you are trying to publish this GP task. Basically there are python installs all over the place and Support will help you isolate the correct install that needs to have the missing email module installed. Doing it yourself can be tricky and time consuming.

Eric J. Rodenberg | Solution Engineer Transportation Practice
Esri | 7775 Walton Pkwy, Suite 270 | New Albany, Ohio 43054-8202 | USA
T 614-933-8698, ext. 5503 | erodenberg@esri.com | esri.com
0Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your timely reply.

This time I tried with Folder workspace & I could run the script, but report was not generated.

I checked the python modules – “encoders” is installed.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot “No report JSON specified”?

0Kudos
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

Hello Saranya

This is the expected ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) output for publishing the GenerateReport geoprocessing tool for Roadway Reporter. Now that the tool has been run you're ready to publish it as a GP service and subsequently configure the Roadway Reporter app. Refer to our deployment resource documentation for further information:

Publishing the Generate Report tool to a service—ArcGIS Roads and Highways Server | Documentation fo...

-amit@esri

Esri LRS Transportation Team

0Kudos